CPA Firm Issues SOC 3SM Report on Controls over Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, or Privacy at C.S.I. Enterprises, Inc.
BONITA SPRINGS, FL – MARCH 1, 2013 – C.S.I. Enterprises, Inc., a leader in innovative financial solutions for enterprises and businesses, today announced that the company has undergone a Service Organization Control 3SM examination resulting in a CPA’s report stating that management of C.S.I. Enterprises, Inc. maintained effective controls over the security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy of its globalVCard® system. The engagement was performed by BriersCPA, P.A.
A SOC 3SM report is designed to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls at a service organization that are relevant to the security, availability, or processing integrity of the system used by the service organization to process customers’ information, or the confidentiality or privacy of that information.
“We are pleased that our SOC 3SM report has shown that we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy,” said David Disque, Vice President of Operations. “We believe our efforts are critical to providing our customers a level of quality assurance related to our globalVCard® pay system.”
The following principles and related criteria have been developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements:
- Security. The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- Availability. The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing integrity. System processing is complete, accurate, timely and authorized.
- Confidentiality. Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy. Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed and destroyed in conformity with the commitments in the entity’s privacy notice and with criteria set forth in generally accepted privacy principles issued by the AICPA and CICA.
A SOC 3SM report is an internal control report on the services provided by a service organization to its customers and provides valuable information that existing and potential customers of the service organization need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
Current and prospective customers interested in a copy of our SOC 3SM report may contact Lynn Giachetti, Chief Financial Officer.